7 months ago
If you are a strong Operations Engineer who wants to join a modern, mature DevOps technology team growing into a leading edge NoOps organisation, then I would love to talk to you. My client are expanding fast and globally, and are scaling our systems to keep ahead of that growth. As a Principal Operations Engineer in their small and dynamic SRE team you will ensure smooth operation of our global platform, keep it robust, performant and secure while building new features to nurture their ‘You build it you run it’ engineering culture. As a senior member of the team you will promote best operational practices to the wider technology team by example, through automation and education and help our client deliver scalable software at pace.
What we would love you to have...
- A solid background in Linux system engineering and site reliability engineering for live systems – ensuring maximum uptime
- Experience diagnosing and resolving production incidents including impact mapping and stakeholder management
- Good practical understanding of development and continuous deployment pipelines
- Strong knowledge of AWS Compute, Storage, Database and Networking services and experience managing use of multiple AWS accounts by the wider technology team
- Experience configuring and managing CDN, deep understanding of best practices in DNS architecture to support global operations
- Good experience deploying and maintaining databases, both SQL (preferably Postgres), non-SQL backing services (e.g. Elastic Search) and messaging systems
- Skills in scripting and automation, ideally using Go or Python
- Experience working as an engineer in an agile team, ideally in a ‘You build it you run it’ environment
- Experience building or supporting distributed platforms in the cloud. Knowledge of how orchestration tools work (Kubernetes preferred) and a firm grasp of modern architectural approaches such as microservices and EDA.
- Experience instrumenting applications and building resilient monitoring solutions to support business-critical systems
- Willingness to participate in a compensated on-call rota.
Offices are in Vauxhall, a short walk from both Oval and Vauxhall stations, and enjoy perks like free breakfasts, monthly office days out and a loads of sporting activities.
The people there are a sociable bunch, and enjoy each other’s company. So it’s important that you’re a great fit for our company culture. These are some of the things we look for:
- Friendly people who like to join in
- Pride in the work you do and everything you get involved with
- Independent thinking, and not being afraid to suggest new ideas
- Obsession with your craft, down to the smallest detail
- Data driven but able to make judgment calls when necessary
- Holidays – 25 paid holidays and a “duvet day” on your birthday
- Pension – matches up to 3%
- Medical Insurance
- Perk box – a choice of different benefits
- Flexible work hours and the ability to work from home
- Free breakfast and fruit……and a beer fridge
- Company personal trainer and boxing classes, plus they play football every week
- Monthly company events and office days out that you get to pick.
- Great offices in Lambeth with showers, space for bikes and are building courtyard with BBQ!