We're looking for a Senior Devops Engineer to lead developer operations at my client working with their Head of Production and leading technical developments for the Devops Engineers in each of their teams. This is a full-time position, based in London but with global scope working with smart, committed people in data, software, infrastructure, and other key disciplines for advertising technology.
Their systems generate and process a vast amount of data, approximately 450k requests a second, 0.5TB per hour using big data technology on the AWS platform. They use tools including Python, Scala, Spark, Cassandra, Redshift, Druid and PostgreSQL that allow them to retrieve, process, merge, compare and warehouse data for intensive analysis. Once centralised, the data is used to generate complex reports and insight.
- You have five years experience in engineering, preferably in media/advertising technology, with one or more in a leadership role.
- You will be responsible for mentoring and developing Devops Engineers, understanding strengths, weaknesses inline with our growth framework.
- You will assume a high level of ownership of all work developed by members of the team, ensuring sound design and implementation according to technical best practices.
- You will ensure smooth onboarding of team members, training and supporting them accordingly.
- You are self-motivated with experience of solving complex problems.
- You will support the engineering teams by supporting production infrastructure, gathering metrics and relevant information to aid fault-finding, address performance issues and generally improve the platform.
- You will manage critical pieces of data technology - RDS, Redshift, Cassandra.
- You will support and manage our AWS cloud based platform in terms of scale, performance, reliability and cost (around S3 storage and processing with the respective teams).
- You will work with continuous integration tools and technologies (we use Jenkins) to manage build pipelines.
Experience of the following:
- Excellent in-depth understanding of AWS cloud platform and related technologies (EC2, ECS S3) including security (key management, authzn and auth) and networking (VPC, subnets, security groups, routing etc...).
- Linux (Ubuntu/CentOS) management and administration, shell scripting.
- Experience with containers (Docker) and orchestration software (Swarm/ECS).
- Building and deploying projects in various languages (we use C++, Java, Python and Scala).
- Automation experience (Ansible a plus).
- Experience in one or more scripting language (Python preferred).