Software Engineering Manager
Meet Our Recruiter
About the Role
As a Lead Software Engineer, you are an experienced developer who is excited about building technology solutions to deliver a social good platform that empowers nonprofits to do their world-changing work. You are someone who cares about code quality and craft, but also has an intrinsic motivation to deliver value to the customer and knows how to balance both. Ideally you are a full stack engineer who can demonstrate a general knowledge in various technologies and how those should be applied in various scenarios when designing features or systems.
Part of the job requires good communication and organizational skills. You should be able to translate ideas and requirements into deliverable units of work. You can collaborate with both technical and non-technical audiences, and always strive to improve yourself and those around you. You believe everyone has something to contribute, value diversity and inclusion, and enjoy mentoring others to help them grow.
In this role, you "own" the technical quality, execution, and delivery of user stories.
What You'll Do:
- Bring your software and Full Stack experience to collaborate with a close-knit engineering team and our engineering partners.
- Work closely with members of their team to ensure design and implementation meet product needs. Help architect, design, and implement reusable well-tested software components.
- Proactively review the code of others, providing feedback on implementation choices.
- Collaborate with other engineers and subject matter experts early and often throughout development to ensure sound architecture design decisions to provide a delightful customer experience and raise money for charities that impact the world.
- Work with Product Owners, UX/Designers to ensure complete and proper implementation.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 7+ years of professional software engineering experience.
- Comfortable operating in environments subject to regulatory, compliance, and risk-based security requirements.
- Experience designing and building products or major features from concept to launch.
- Experience with unit testing and end-to-end testing (e.g., Jest, react-testing-library).
- Ability to work effectively in teams of technical and non-technical individuals (product, marketing, subject matter experts, etc.).
- Engage engineers across our organization to support a culture of collaboration and inclusion through mentorship, respectful code review, and dedication to quality.
- You are excited to share and learn from your teammates about crafting amazing user experiences.
- You are passionate about voicing your opinions and can be humble in receiving feedback.
- You have a track record of trying and learning new things and are not afraid to learn through failures.