About the Role
Jefferson Wolfe is a leader in scaling companies with the same goal - To ensure sustainability to our future!
We are once again proud to be working with a leading in Lithium portable charging hardware, who after a recent Series B of funding, is once again scaling their team!
This role can be a Head of Mechanical Engineering, Team Lead of Mechanical Engineering. This opportunity is one of upmost important to lead a Mechanical Engineering team to develop cutting-edge ideas at the forefront of battery technology.
Well will work in a distributed environment and team of product managers, electrical engineers, design, and others. You will have the opportunity to work on state-of-the-art products with end-to-end responsibility from the initial idea through putting new designs into reality.
Your proven expertise in mechanical engineering, as well as your leadership experience, will support you in delighting our customers with category-defining products.
- lead and develop the mechanical team, fostering and providing a productive work environment
- planning and providing the structure, tech stack, and methods to serve all projects with high-quality
- using you and your team's expertise to find creative and innovative solutions for complex mechanical challenges
- facilitating fast execution by implementing a lean process landscape from prototyping to compliance with regulatory standards
- providing comprehensive documentation and communicating with suppliers to source high-quality components for our products
- You earned a degree in mechanical engineering or a similar field and gained at least 5 years of experience in mechanical development, preferably in consumer products or battery systems
- You already demonstrated outstanding leadership and collaboration skills in various cases
- You have in-depth knowledge of mechanical design principles, material and manufacturing processes (DFM, DFA), and sound experience in CAD (SolidWorks is a plus), PDM, PLM, and simulations (e.g. CFD, FEM)
- Knowledge of Li-ion battery development, as well as their regulation and safety standards, is a clear plus
My client offers a superb package of benefits, which we would discuss upon application.