Diversity & Equality Policy – JW Diversity & Equality Policy
1. Policy Statement Jefferson Wolfe are committed to valuing diversity and promoting equality for everyone in the business. We take all reasonable steps to employ, train and promote people on the basis of their experience, abilities and qualifications. This is without regard to race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, age, marital or civil partnership status or disability. Our staff are entitled to be treated with respect and dignity and the Company will not tolerate any less favourable treatment of any person on the grounds of the Protected Characteristics.
2. Procedure This policy applies to all permanent staff, interns and anyone else working for the company. The success of the Equal Opportunities Policy will involve the commitment and support of all staff. Action will be taken under our disciplinary procedure against anyone who is found to have committed an act of discrimination. Serious breaches of this equality and diversity policy will be treated as potential gross misconduct and could result in dismissal of employment.
3. Responsibilities The Directors and Management Staff, have overall responsibility for ensuring the correct application and implementation of the policy. All staff have a responsibility to:
• Ensure the non-discriminatory treatment of all job applicants and staff
• Support this policy and continue to ensure that the principles of equal opportunities and diversity in the workplace are upheld
• Treat colleagues and visitors with dignity and respect
• Take care to ensure equal opportunities in the work they do and the decisions they make
4. Implementation To effectively implement this policy, the Company will take steps to ensure that:
• Through our policies, procedures and systems, job applicants and staff will be treated in accordance with this policy and other related policies
• Any employment requirements or conditions will be justifiable and reasonable
• Reasonable adjustments will be made in the workplace to help people with disabilities
• If a member of staff believes that he or she has been discriminated against, harassed or victimised on any of the grounds referred to in this policy, he or she may raise the matter informally with his or her immediate Line Manager or Operations Manager.
• Staff will receive training during induction and at other appropriate times during their employment to ensure awareness and understanding of this policy and diversity in general.